USCIS Now Accepts Credit Card Payments for Most Filing Fees

USCIS Now Accepts Credit Card Payments for Most Filing Fees

USCIS Now Accepts Credit Card Payments for Most Filing Fees 1000 559 Michele Franchett

On February 14, 2018, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) announced that it will begin accepting credit card payments for most form filing fees. The new payment option is available for 41 fee-based forms that are processed at USCIS Lockbox facilities, including the following commonly used forms:

  • Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative;
  • Form I-131, Application for Travel Document;
  • Form I-140, Immigrant Petition for Alien Worker;
  • Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status;
  • Form I-526, Immigrant Petition by Alien Entrepreneur;
  • Form I-539, Application to Extend/Change Nonimmigrant Status;
  • Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization;
  • Form I-829, Petition By Entrepreneur to Remove Conditions on Permanent Resident Status;
  • Form N-400, Application for Naturalization; and
  • Form N-600, Application for Certificate of Citizenship.

USCIS will accept Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover. To pay by credit card, applicants will need to complete Form G-1450Authorization for Credit Card Transaction and submit this form along with the application.

The credit card payment option is not available for forms that are submitted to a USCIS Field Office or Service Center, including Form I-129, Petition for Nonimmigrant Worker. Form I-129 is used to apply for nonimmigrant visas including E-1, E-2, E-3, H-1B, H-3, L-1, O, P and TN.

SGG is pleased by this news, as we believe it will make the payment of filing fees more efficient for our clients. For more information, please feel free to contact us or visit the USCIS website.