Amy Prokop Lenhert has expertise in a broad range immigration matters and is a Certified Specialist in Immigration and Nationality Law, State Bar of California Board of Legal Specialization. She has successfully litigated cases before the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit, and the U.S. District Courts of California, Nebraska, and Washington, D.C.
In addition to her federal court practice, Amy has represented clients in removal proceedings throughout the United States; assisting her clients in obtaining cancellation of removal for lawful permanent residents, cancellation of removal for nonresidents, waivers for fraud and criminal convictions, and applications for asylum. She has successfully represented clients with administrative appeals to both the Board of Immigration Appeals and the USCIS Administrative Appeals Office.
Amy also regularly represents individuals in connection with family-based visa petitions, unlawful presence waivers, applications for naturalization, and complex citizenship claims.
Amy believes strongly in the importance of giving back, and regularly provides pro bono legal services through a variety of organizations. She serves on the advisory committee for the Los Angeles office of Kids in Need of Defense (KIND), an organization dedicated to ensuring that no child appears in immigration court without legal representation.
Amy received her Juris Doctorate from Loyola Law School Los Angeles in 2003.
She is a member of the American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA), the Los Angeles Bar Association, and the Federal Bar Association.
- Speaker, Federal Court Updates (AILA Annual Conference, June 2019)
- Speaker, Exploring Habeas Corpus and Remedies in Federal Court (Removal Defense Corps, April 2019)
- Speaker, A Guide to Federal Litigation (LACBA, November 2018)
- Discussion Leader, Introduction to Federal District Court Litigation (AILA Federal Court Conference and Webcast, September 2018)
- Speaker, Citizenship Through Parents: California Gold Rush (AILA Annual Conference June 2018)
- Speaker, AILA Business Litigation Conference (September 2017)
- Speaker, Overcoming Naturalization Delays and Denials (AILA Teleconference March 2016)
- Speaker, After the Dust Has Settled: The Current Status of the CSPA (AILA Annual Conference June 2015)
- Speaker, Litigation at the Ninth Circuit (AILA Southern California Chapter Meeting 2015)
- Speaker, Child Status Protection Act (2014 Rocky Mountain Immigration Law Conference)
- Speaker, Filing Your First Non Immigrant Waiver (AILA Southern California Chapter CLE Event 2014)
- Speaker, Child Status Protection Act, Retaining Your Sanity (AILA Teleconference 2014)
- Speaker, Litigation (AILA Fall CLE Conference, Detroit 2009)
- Executive Committee Member, Los Angeles County Bar Immigration Section
- Loyola Law School (2003), J.D.
- University of California at Santa Barbara, B.A. (1999)
- Supreme Court of the United States
- United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- United States District Court, Central District of California
- United States District Court, Eastern District of California
- United States District Court, Nebraska